Gear and Supplies List
To ensure the comfort and safety of all participants, and to demonstrate respect for the environments we visit, we ask that all participants have the following clothing and gear:
- Closed-toe shoes that can get dirty, wet, or muddy. Sandals may be acceptable in hot weather or when we will be near water.
- Weather-appropriate clothing, with layering options
- Rain gear (typically November through March)
- Comfortable, well-fitting backpack
- Leak-proof water bottle, at least .5 liter
- Lunch and snacks (in resusable containers; please, no candy)
- Containers to pack out all trash, including biodegradable items
- Bandanna (for a placemat, noses, messy hands, cooling off, etc.)
- Girls: soft bandanna or cloth for bathroom breaks. A small plastic bag for storage is also recommended.
- Optional: sunscreen, a change of clothes, hand sanitizer